Although Chris Hughton’s relegation fears would have been heightened even further by last Sunday’s embarrassing collapse away at Aston Villa, there is cause for optimism at Carrow Road with the Canaries proving a tough nut to crack on home turf in recent times. They’ve kept four consecutive clean sheets at home against Newcastle, Hull, Manchester City and most recently Tottenham – but they remain perilously close to the bottom three.
The FA Cup wouldn’t be the same without an upset or two along the way to the final at Wembley in May. And this weekend’s quarter-final meeting between Manchester City and Wigan Athletic, which is exclusively live on BT Sport on Sunday from 15:30, is a replay of last year’s final, which saw Wigan cause […]
French football newspapaer L’Equpe have rated each France players chances of going to the World Cup and surprisingly Samir Nasri only has a 10% chance of making the squad. The chances for Newcastle’s Loic Remy is 90% while Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann is also at 90%.
The headbutt that could get Alan Pardew a shorter ban after Newcastle boss admits FA misconduct charge
Robbie Savage: Alan Pardew’s bad discipline is infectious at Newcastle – it has spread throughout the club
Newcastle United are interested in Red Bull Salzburg attacker Sadio Mane, who after Papiss Cisse is Senegal’s next big hope! According to The People, 21-year-old Mane has been watched by Newcastle’s Chief Scout Graham Carr and he was impressed with what he saw. Mane, who currently plays for Salzburg in the Austrian Bundesliga has been
Alan Pardew head-butt: Newcastle manager admits FA charge after incident with Hull midfielder David Meyler
NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew has admitted an FA misconduct charge after appearing to headbutt Hull City midfielder David Meyler during Saturday’s game at the KC Stadium.
Newcastle United’s number one target in the summer is arguably Remy Cabella, but if Montpellier’s President Louis Nicollin is to be believed then Premier League duo Arsenal and Chelsea have a better chance of signing the Frenchman. There’s some sort of requirement for presidents of French football clubs to have too much to say for
Simon Hart: Aitor Karanka using his experience of working with Jose Mourinho and winning European Cups to help Middlesbrough
Simon Hart: Aitor Karanka using his experience of working with Jose Mourinho and winning European Cups to help Middlesborough
Newcastle United and Liverpool both find themselves in the top half of the Premier League table, with the Reds as high as second, but there’s one table that has Liverpool at the top and Newcastle at the bottom. Much has been made of the amount of Newcastle’s goals this season that have been scored by